Zabit Magomedsharipov Responds to Critics of Stamina Following UFC Moscow Victory

By Tristen Critchfield Dec 2, 2019


Zabit Magomedsharipov remained unbeaten in the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 163, but the later stages of his bout against Calvin Kattar were a cause for concern for some critics.

The Dagestani featherweight started quickly, banking a pair of rounds against his opponent, but it was Kattar who finished with a flourish in the final frame. That left Kattar wondering what might have been if the contest had been five rounds instead of three.

“I’d like to see what would’ve happened with five rounds,” Kattar said at the post-fight press conference. “But the fight was three and hat’s off to him for fighting a good three-round fight.”

Magomedsharipov, meanwhile, initially blamed his sluggish finish on medicine he took to treat an infection leading up to the bout. The 28-year-old Ricardo Almeida Jiu-Jitsu product revisited the Nov. 9 bout in an Instagram post on Monday, as he addressed the criticism regarding his waning stamina.

“Many criticize my endurance without thinking about how much energy a non-standard work in a battle can take,” Magomedsharipov said via translated text. “I always strive to please my fans, but, of course, we will tighten the functionality anyway. Entertainment in battle or a simple victory without risk? What would you give priority to?”

Magomedsharipov is currently on a 14-bout winning streak that includes six triumphs within the Las Vegas-based promotion.

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>